SUGARLOAF CRAFT FESTIVALS
terms and conditions: food vendors
Are you interested in applying as a artist exhibitor? Read Artist Exhibitor Terms and Conditions here.
CONDITIONS OF THE SHOW: SPECIALTY FOOD EXHIBITORS
- The person signing this “Application and Contract” must be present at all shows unless an exception is granted in writing.
- It is the responsibility of the Exhibitor to see to it that all personnel at the show are completely familiar with all of these “Conditions of the Show”.
- Only items approved in writing may be displayed or sold at the show.
- Exhibitors are responsible for obtaining any and all licenses and to comply with all state and local laws and regulations pertaining to the sale to the public of their items.
- Exhibitors are responsible to collect and remit state sales taxes in accordance with state laws.
- All Exhibitors are responsible for keeping their area clean during show hours, including removal of trash and clean-up at end of show. All trash is to be placed in sealed bags and deposited in the trash dumpsters on site.
- All displays should be neat and clean and tables should be covered on all sides to the floor with a suitable, professional looking cover of flame retardant materials.
- All extension cords used at the show must be the heavy duty, three wire type. NO TWO WIRE EXTENSION CORDS ARE ALLOWED.
- No open flames are permitted in any building at any Sugarloaf show.
- Exhibitors may not share, sublet or apportion space to anyone else.
- An application is a commitment to show. No full refunds will be given after the acceptance notice is sent. Partial refunds will be given based on the number of days before the opening day of the show we receive your cancellation:
120+ days notice: 80%
90 – 119 days notice: 60%
60 – 89 days notice: 40%
30 – 59 days notice: 20%
0 – 29 days notice: none
- A $35 fee will be charged on any check returned by Exhibitor’s bank for any reason.
- Exhibitor’s booth must have a suitable backdrop to block the view of walls, storage areas or other exhibitor’s booths. All of exhibitor’s booth and display, including chairs, must be placed within the confines of the space. Nothing is to be placed in the aisles.
- Corner space requests are not guaranteed. Exhibitors will be notified when they get their specific space assignment whether or not they have received a corner space. Those not receiving corners will have their corner fee returned to them at that time.
- Sugarloaf Mountain Works, Inc. reserves the right to revoke the license granted by this contract at any time, including at the show, by refunding the space fees paid by the exhibitor. Sugarloaf Mountain Works, Inc. will not be liable for paying any travel expenses, lost revenue or any other liability whatsoever beyond the space fees paid by the exhibitor as a result of enforcing this provision.
- The exhibitor’s booth must be open and staffed during all regular show hours with competent personnel empowered to make any changes required by Sugarloaf Mountain Works, Inc. or any Government or Facility authorities. In many cases, anyone arriving late, leaving before closing or breaking down during show hours may be refused entrance to future shows.
- Spaces not occupied by 7:30pm on set-up day may be filled with standby exhibitors with no refund or allowance whatsoever.
- All exhibits, goods and materials must be removed by 10pm of the last day of the show or by such time as required by Sugarloaf Mountain Works, Inc. In the event of unpaid fees or if Exhibitor’s property is not removed by the specified time, Sugarloaf Mountain Works, Inc. has the right to remove such items at the expense of the Exhibitor and either sell or discard them. After the application of the proceeds of any such sale to any unpaid fees or expenses associated with property removal, the balance will be remitted to the Exhibitor.
- Parking and traffic will not be permitted in the show area at Fairgrounds from one half hour before show opens until fifteen minutes after the show closes each day. All loading and unloading must be planned around these hours and vehicles are to be removed to the exhibitor parking lots before the show opens. Vehicles remaining in the show area or fire lanes during these hours may be towed away at the owner’s expense and risk.
- Exhibitors must abide by all fire regulations and/or decisions of the representatives of local fire departments. All booth materials shall be in accordance with local fire regulations.
- Nothing shall be nailed, stapled or otherwise fixed to the walls, floors or any part of the exhibition rooms.
- Exhibitor’s booth shall not interfere with adjacent exhibits in any way.
- All exhibits are to be in keeping with the overall family oriented theme of the show.
- Exhibitors are not to bring alcohol to the show.
- Exhibitors are not to bring pets to the show.
- Exhibitors and their helpers must exhibit professional behavior at all times while on the show site. Sugarloaf Mountain Works, Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine what constitutes professional behavior. Violation of this rule will result in the exhibitor, their helpers and exhibits being excluded from the show site with no refund or allowance whatsoever. In addition, exhibitors violating this rule may be removed from future Sugarloaf shows with refunds in accordance with the policy detailed in condition # 11 above.
- Special sales and discounts are discouraged as they tend to detract from the overall quality of the show.
- Exhibitors may not display ribbons or awards from other shows.
- Sugarloaf Mountain Works, Inc. will not be liable for refunds or any other liabilities whatsoever for the failure to fulfill this contract due to reasons of the enclosure in which the show is to be produced, being, before, or during the show destroyed by fire or other calamity, or by any act of God, public enemy, strikes, statutes, ordinances, or any legal authority, or any cause beyond its control.
- Exhibitor agrees to carry insurance covering: liability, personal injury, property damage, workman’s compensation and motorized vehicles.
- Exhibitors shall be liable for delivery, handling, erection and removal of their own displays and materials.
- Exhibitors found in violation of any of the “Conditions of the Show” may be excluded and have their exhibit removed from the current and/or future shows at the sole discretion of Sugarloaf Mountain Works, Inc. In such cases, refunds will be provided as detailed in condition #11 above. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall Sugarloaf Mountain Works, Inc. be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages resulting from such action.
- Sugarloaf Mountain Works, Inc. may require the removal of items considered to be in violation of these conditions and reserves the right to make final interpretation of all conditions.
- This contact covers all shows the Exhibitor actually participates in in the season named on the face of the contract whether or not any fees are indicated.
- If any section, sentence, clause, phrase or portion of this licensing application/contract is, for any reason, held invalid or unconstitutional by any court of competent jurisdiction, such portion shall be deemed a separate, distinct and independent provision and such holding shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions.
- This contract shall be deemed to have been made in the State of Maryland and shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of such state. In the event that legal action is required to enforce this contract or any of the terms thereof, such action shall be brought in the Courts of Montgomery County, Maryland and the Exhibitor expressly consents to the jurisdiction of such courts. The parties agree to accept service of process in such action by ordinary mail sent to their business addresses as set forth in this contract.
- This contract constitutes the entire agreement between Sugarloaf Mountain Works, Inc. and the Exhibitor and no modification shall be valid unless in writing and signed by the parties or their representatives.